During this full-day trip to Petra, Jordan you will discover one the new 7 wonders of the world! This city, site of the ancient UNESCO World Heritage-listed complex that’s carved into solid rock, is a remarkable symbol of engineering and protection. Explore the meeting point of ancient caravan routes from Egypt, experience the majestic craftsmanship of this “lost city” – built more than 2000 years ago and rediscovered some 200 years ago.
The Petra day tour is available as an add-on to all 16-day tours ONLY, it is not available as part of the 13-day tour package.
During the tour of Petra, your group will be doing a lot of walking. We recommend you wear a hat, sunglass and comfortable, walking shoes. In wintertime, adding a raincoat, umbrella and warmer clothing is recommended.
CAUTION: We do caution those who suffer from poor health, or have restricted mobility, from booking this optional tour of Petra. It is a very long and tiring day of walking outside.
Please Note: Advanced registration is required for Petra tour. Registration for this tour MUST be completed before departing for Israel.
PETRA TOUR ITINERARY
- PICKUP AT 6:45 am – Pick up from Eilat hotel
- Enter Jordan at the Arava border crossing
- Three hour drive to Petra – Bus is air-conditioned
- One-mile walk into the narrow canyon that leads to the Red Rock
- Visits to the following locations: Treasury (Khazneh), Roman Theater, caves in the rock among dozens of imposing monuments
- One mile walk back – Optional camel, donkey, horse & carriage rides for this portion (prices vary)
- Lunch at Wadi Musa, a small village nearby (included)
- Return to Aqaba for a short panoramic tour
- Three hour drive back from Petra – Bus is air-conditioned
- DROP OFF between 6:30-7:30 pm – Estimated arrival time back in Eilat
*Please Note: The schedule is provided for informational purposes only and a change in itinerary and/or departure/arrival time may occur for reasons out of our control.
PETRA TOUR PRICING
Single day trip to Petra, Jordan: $425.00 pp
• Border & Visa Fees
• Tour Guide
• Air-Conditioned Coach
• Entrance Fees
• Lunch in Petra
|Does not Include:
• Tips to Drive & Guide ($10pp collected on tour)
• Optional Activities
For example: Camel, donkey, and/or horse & carriage rides (prices vary)